Generators humming in the background, I am typing this with a backlit keyboard. Lights out or dumsor is here. Already the evening is in and I am not looking forward to yet another sleep-less and toss-and-turn-torturous night…When I recently tossed the question out on Twitter: How do you cope at night?
I gathered the following tips:
1. Sleep naked.
2. Sleep naked only covered with a wet cloth that will cool you as it dries.
3. Stay up and work instead. Sleep under a fan when the light comes back.
4. Sleep outside (dangerous as mosquitos carrying malaria are common here) – one guy had even bought a tent!
5. Get a chargeable fan (I have done that now, but last night was hot hot HOT even with the fan buzzing).
6. Sleep on the floor, preferably close to a window.
7. Take a midnight shower (difficult when the lights out also affects your water pump…)
How do you cope? Tell me quick before my battery dies!