>Alternative Sight-Seeing in Paris
This weekend, my siblings came for a visit. We had some great moments in the chilly Paris springtime. My sister and two brothers turned out to be real experts on what I’d like to call “alternative sight-seeing” which they performed energetically, especially after noon. This means that conventional sights, like the Louvre or the Sacre Coeur Cathedral, was of little or no interest, but that other – and maybe even more typical Parisian things – caught their attention. Here is a little list, to inspire future Paris-visitors.
- Take photos of the climb up the Montmartre Butte (trees, stairs, feet – no views or towers)
- Ordering fabulous “planches” (plates of bread, cheese and meats) to be consumed with wine
- Looking at Roadworks (common here, always surrounded by green metal fences)
- Playing cards in a café with a Café Crème in one hand
- Playing cards in a bar with a happy hour drink in one hand
- Walking around with a baguette under one arm
- Listening to live jazz
- Singing in phonebooths
- Trying on sunglasses (for some reason Parisians love their shades and put them on as soon as the sun comes out – is it because they are divas?)
- Sleeping inbetween two sheets – where is the påslakan?
- Spending hours writing postcards that has nothing to do with Paris
I haven’t had so much fun in a long time.