Project Poultry: Update

There has been some drama : After that first egg, no more came. This was curious as the hens were doing a egg laying sound (don’t ask me!) according to my husband. Apart from that, they seem to get on fine and happily walk around the backyard.

We got a partner for Jimmy, the guinea fowl we already had. Then Jimmy turned out to be a female. Luckily the new one was a male!

Then the other day, when one of the hens was missing, we decided to poke around to see if Adwoa Smart or Serwaa Akoto had laid eggs somewhere secret, and under some plantain leaves we found nine eggs, with a hen on  top!

So now we are excitingly hoping for a string of chicks.

To Be Continued…